WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS BODYCOUNT. HIGH RISK OF SPOILERS. ENTER IF YOU DARE.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I GOT AN AWARD AGAIN!


Holy Shit Hole on a Wooden Box! I won another award!!!

DEADPOOL! LOOK! I WON AN AWARD!
Thanks, Wade!
Alex Jowski of Geek Juice Radio gave me the The Liebster Award!  It's one of those blogging awards where, when one receives it they pass it on to 11 people, and now I'm happy to share it with YOU! YES YOU! YOU LUCKY SONAVABITCH!

So here are the are rules when one is given the award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS

So, the furst part of the segment, which I called:

Tell me about yourself~

a. Currently working as a call center agent/ customer support agent.
Behold my work face!
b. Believes in many unusual practices such as the habit of sleeping with a book under your pillow to make yourself smarter, and thinking of six impossible things to happen before breakfast.
c. Despite my art style, I have very little favorite animes and only enjoys one in rare occasions.
d. Currently a BIG LMFAO fan
e. Favorite cartoons: The Simpsons, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Bob's Burger, American Dad, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, South Park...
and MLP: FIM...bet you didn't see that coming!
f. I've been electrocuted ten times.
g. Doesn't own a simple gaming console and yet can play Marvel VS Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds, which is my current fave game.
meet my current team, yo!
h. Is not a Star Wars fan
i. Is a Star Wars parodies fan (Space Balls, Family Guy's Star Wars trilogy, etc.)
You and me, both, Barf.
j. Never learned how to use a drawing tablet.
k. Had a thing for using puns...

The Second segment:

ELEVEN QUESTIONS OR LESS~!


1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Giving out my own opinions and writing whatever I want to write.

2. What movie do you end up recommending to people more than any other movie?
...Hard to say...um...to be honest, there's a lot of movies I try to recommend to people. Read one review and there's always a recommendation at the end. But if there's gonna be one title I'll be more than happy to share, it's Death Stop Holocaust. Seriously, it's f*&%ing good!

3. What celebrity or artist have you have met who has inspired you the most in your life?
Never met a live one in my life...so far.

4. What is your favorite "bad" movie?
Again with the broad question! I happen to adore a lot of "bad" movies!...In fact, I think a good third of my reviews are made up of "bad" movies! But if I'm gonna choose one it'll be... Last Caress, a nearly plagiarized piece of bad cinema that I love and care.

5. What is a movie that offends you - a movie you hate for moral reasons.
Prom Night and April Fools Day remake. The moral of the movies? Never touch a fucking classic.

6. What are two of your favorite books that have NEVER been adapted into a movie.
Robert Bloch's Night-World. But I think it's high time someone should adapt this into a feature film! Such a kewl buk~! The other's a Black Flame spin-off novel for Friday the 13th called "The Jason Strain". It has zombies and slasher flick cliches all over it and I'll kill a thousand Skrull babies for it to be adapted! You heard me. Skrull baby massacre. for a movie adaptation. It's that good.

7. Whose opinion do you trust more in deciding if a movie is good or not? Critics in magazines/newspapers, fellow bloggers, or the general public (like imdb scores, etc.)?
I actually listen to everybody's and anybody's opinion about a certain movie before I check it out. If majority of them says it's awful, so be it. Unless, of course, I'm attracted to the film, then I have to see it myself.

8.. Which game from your childhood do you wish you could play again? (Could be a video game or a playground game like Tag).
Magic The Gathering, the first card game I ever played and I still have my deck.

9. Do you have a nickname?  How did you get that name?
Actually, I have dozens of nicknames that I use to adress myself: Kaijinu is the name of a giant wolf monster I drew and recognize as my "signature monster". Herman Kertez is an anagram of sorts of "Secret Name".  Luis is my second Name and prefer to my friends and Family to address me as that cuz I believe there's too many Pauls in the world. Others include Gideon Knowles, Cane E. Youst and Mark Milliger.

10. What was the first thing you posted on your blog and why?  (Initial "Welcome to my Blog" posts don't count).
A "Golden Review" of Friday the 13th 1980

11. What is your favorite beverage?
Either a Shirley Temple or a can of Coke Zero.

Now, Since I'm done with that, time or my Le Questions~!

1. Had you ever daydream about something and what's the most memorable one you ever had?
2. Who's the one Comic Book hero you NEVER want to see made to a movie out of respect and fear of flopping?
3. Will you try to dance Jamie Lee Curtis' disco scene in Prom Night (1980) with a partner?
4. Name one of the least likely movie franchise entry that suddenly became your number one fave?
5. What's the weirdest experience you had involving a movie? (theatres, DVD releases, etc.)
6. Did you ever had a crush on a fantasy character in your teen years? If yes, who?
7. If a movie character out of your fave flicks suddenly appeared in front of your doorstep, who will it be and what'll you do?
8. WATCH OUT! EXTRA TERRESTRIALS! And you have a tool shed behind you! What'll you do?
9. With all these news on rocket launches, disease outbreaks and people killing each other, how close do you think we are before things go 28 Weeks Later?
10. If you had the power to change yer appearance, whose face yer gonna try first?
11. Worst tasting delicacy you ever encountered?

And I tag...
Craig Ed of Let's Get out of Here!
Maynard of Horror Movie Diary
Zena of Real Queen of Horror
Michelle, The Girl who Loves Horror
Hud of Vegan Voorhees
Eric King of Back Online Back on Duty
George Beremov of Cinemarvellous!
Venom5 of Cool Ass Cinema
Melissa Bradley of Melissa's Imaginarium
Gabriel of Invisible Kidz

wait, that's only ten? well, what's a rule if you can't break them?

So there concludes another award into my trophy room! Now while you kids enjoy yer turn, I'm gonna have fun with a Red ninja and some babes~ Ciao!
THANK YOU! GOODNIGHT NEW YORK!

18 comments:

  1. Guess I should check out Death Stop Holocaust sometime soon.

    So, Friday the 13th was your first post? I've actually been doing a retrospective series on this films and referencing your posts on the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You...referenced my posts? Oh gosh...dude, I've read them, but I never knew...thanks, mate!

      Here's a friendly reminder for Death Stop though: Nihilism. Get ready for it.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! What a great post!


    And thanks for the award! I will fully accept it before the weekend is out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer welcome, mate! This calls for a virtual fluid! Here's a Shirley Temple and to this awesome week!

      Delete
  3. WTF? AWESOME DUDE, THAAAAAANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Really appreciate that. Will do a large double-post in the next few days, because Alex Jowski gave me that award too.
    Thanks again, Herman!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Okay, I did not saw that coming! XDD sorry, bro! But can't wait~

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! Electrocuted ten times?! I thought once was bad enough and it was only a little sparker from an outlet.

    Thank you so so much. :) I'm going to do a up a huge post this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it was three sparker outlets, two live wires, three electronic appliance grounds and a screwdriver on a live phone line during a flood. Do hope things are still okay at my ends...XD

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your award and thanks a lot for mine!
    Will definitely check out Death Stop Holocaust. Sounds kick-ass. i never got around to drawing tablets either. Old school paper and pens continue to be my weapons of choice. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Paper's teh best! And so goes to color pencils!

      Delete
  6. Wow. An excellent, lengthy, and highly entertaining post, Kaijinu! I've not heard of DEATH STOP HOLOCAUST, but will look for it.

    Electrocuted ten times? What kind of electrocution are we talkin about? Lol.

    No love for SW? DUDE!

    I'm addicted to Coke Zero, actually. Coke Zero Cherry and Mellow Yellow Zero especially.

    Thanks so much for the kind gesture of thinking of my site, Kaijinu. It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death Stop Holocaust is emotionally draining, mate, be prepared for it!

      well, it was three sparker outlets, two live wires, three electronic appliance grounds and a screwdriver on a live phone line during a flood. Sterilization from all this happens to be one of my fears...

      I'm sorry, I never got around Star Wars! Even if I watched them when I was a kid!

      There's a Coke Zero cherry?

      ude, yer site happens to be very informative! Even if I don't agree with your views on Tarantino! XDD

      Delete
  7. I'm so stupid, I forgot to thank you for this awesome award, and I apologize for that.

    Thanks a bunch, buddy. I really really appreciate it.

    I just noticed your top 20 no-name 80s horror and I wanted to ask you is Anguish (Anguista) really that good? :) Do you think I should check it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies needed, we are human, afterall!

      Anguista is a hard-on film that defies taste, mate. Once you see it, you could either ove it or hate it. Now, if you love arthouse flicks and live in a house that has a lot of windows, I can recommend it to you.

      The windows is for the puking; there's a lot of hypnosis scenes there and they tend of be very dizzy work.

      Delete
  8. I... didn't care for The Jason Strain, or the author's book, A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamspawn.

    They felt like preconceived stories with Jason and Freddy added as afterthoughts.

    Not the worst of the Black Flame books, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do felt like Jason was thrown in there just for good measure, but hey, least the big guy get to do a lot of slashing in the beginning and in the climax of the book.

      I've yet to finish Dreamspawn, though. I wanna see how Krueger handle having a son.

      Delete