Before I find the time to post the last ten of this list, let me first thank you all for sticking with the list. I know some of you may find my choices "questionable" but we all have our reasons and the best thing about this sub-genre is that it's so malleable it's quite exciting.
Now here be 40 of the many slashers i've seen over the years that could have gotten into the 101 listing but didn't due to several reasons; I either forgotten about them, just seen it recently or replaced in favor of another title. Still, this doesn't mean these movies are not recommendable. If anything, I would really suggest you all reading this to give the listed titles a try or at least give it a chance! Again, this list is in no particular order.
Here is the real list:
Curse of Chucky (2013)
- The sixth entry to the Child's Play franchise, the killer doll returns solo in another round of mayhem terrorizing occupants and guests inside a gothic mansion.
- teens out for a shredding good time on a snowy resort gets picked off by the ultimate hater.
- one part ghost story, one part gory slasher, inmates of a newly re-opened prison starts to die off one by one in a series of gruesome accidents of the supernatural kind.
Scream 3 (2000)
- Perhaps my personal fave among the Scream
sequels, this entry had Sidney and her surviving friends investigate another string of Ghostface murders, this time in the midst of the production of a fictional slasher movie based on the killings.
Baby Blues (2008)
- an infamous "slasher" involving a mother suffering from Postpartum Disorder stalking and killing her own children in gory ends.
Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence (1993)
- The cheesiest entry in the series and perhaps the closest on being a straight slasher, the supposedly deceased Maniac Cop returns as a revenant hellbent on avenging a wrongfully accused police woman. (And possibly winning her heart~)
Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning (1985)
- A follow-up after Jason Voorhees' supposed death, this entry had a survivor coping from the killer's attack but soon finds out that some nightmares just won't end.
Student Bodies (1981)
- a slasher spoof that features an asthmatic killer bumping off horny teenagers with paper clips, giant garbage bags and horse head bookends.
- An epic survival piece about five men on a wilderness trip face not only the trials of mother nature herself, but also the wrath of an insane stalker.
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
- One of the most Halloween-ish among the sequels and arguably underrated, The Shape returns to Haddonfield once again, this time setting his eyes on a new set of family who maybe carrying the last of his bloodline.
The Hitcher (1986)
- A slasher-friendly thriller about a man and his stalker, an enigmatic hitchhiker who wants nothing more than to toy around with his prey and killing all of those who gets in the way.
- An underrated piece of 90s slasherdom, film students working on reviving an old theatre by playing a series of gimmicky horror films get methodically killed by a maniac with a talent for disguises.
- A German thriller/slasher hybrid of sorts that had a newly admitted medical student investigate what possibly be a series of murder conspiracies.
Psycho Cop 2/ Pyscho Cop Returns (1993)
- an uber cheesy follow-up to a dreck of a slasher film, this time around the Satanic killer cop returns to bump off late-night party goers in a high-rise office.
Night School (1981)
- a motorbike gear-wearing headhunter goes on a hunt for women in this cheesy slasher-esque thriller.
- A group of thieves and their hostages become trapped in an abandoned farm land where the scarecrows do anything else but scare people.
Violent Midnight (1962)
- a proto-slasher that delivers plenty of intrigue and teen slayings as a mysterious murder ignites an investigation that centers on an artist who may be have something to do with it.
Final Destination 3 (2006)
- The goriest entry to the infamous howdunit franchise follows lucky survivors of a roller coaster accident biting the big one in the most terrible and unimaginable ways.
- The Indonesian answer to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
, a group of partying thespians celebrating the leave of one of their friends takes a fatal turn on helping an estranged woman, whose family turns out to be ritualistic cannibals.
Death Bell (2006)
- A Korean torture porn-slasher blend, Students and teachers find themselves trapped inside their own campus as a maniac starts to torture and kill off from the group everytime they fail to answer a riddle.
Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet (2009)
- A very popcorn-friendly, plotless bodycounter that follows partying teens celebrating a local holiday but soon have to fight for their lives against something murderously angry.
Santa's Slay (2005)
- A holiday slasher of comedic proportions that twists the tale of Santa Claus, here the son of the Devil Himself whose 1000 years of good servitude comes to an end, thus freeing him to do whatever killings he wants.
Leprechaun 3 (1995)
-perhaps the best in the franchise, the evil Leprechaun finds himself free in the greedy pothole of Las Vegas, murdering all of those exploiting his gold.
- A United Kingdom released supernatural revenge hocus wherein bullies of a murdered classmate start to get killed one by one by something with a grudge.
Dead And Buried (1981)
- A strange mix of zombie, occult and slasher-lite slayings, residents of a small town starts to act strangely around visitors, eventually killing them, but only to have said victims come back in one piece with a new murderous personality.
The Strangers (2009)
- a couple alone in their cabin one night are terrorized by a trio of masked hoodlums.
Murder Loves Killers Too (2009)
- A proud shot-on-video slasher where teens are murdered by an uninspired looking psycho with a sexual problem.
- An artsy scifi British-American thriller which features a self-repairing robotic assailant terrorizing the lone occupant of an apartment, all the while murdering all those who interfere.
Dream Home (2010)
- Hong Kong's drama/slasher hybrid wherein a killer methodically slays anybody staying inside a highrise apartment, all the while featuring their story in flashbacks leading to the killings.
Dr. Giggles (1992
)- an uber cheesy comedic slasher that has a deranged maniac donning himself as a doctor, on a mission to take revenge on a town that shunned him away.
- A slow-burning fondue of supernatural slayings as the spirit of a bloodlusting Native American warrior terrorizes a group of young archeologists, leading to an orgy of killings.
Night Warning (1983)
- a strange slasher that tackles homophobia and incestious attraction as a maddened aunt do anything in her power to keep an adopted nephew all to herself, all the while taking the attention of a gay-bashing detective who's more than willing to do anything to prove his accusations right.
Harpoon: Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre (2009)
-Iceland's first splatter movie that follows the ordeals of a group of multi-national whale-watching tourists as they ran afoul against a trio of insane fishbillies.
- more part teen drama and psychological nightmare than a slasher, Angela Bettis stars as a disturbed and lonely woman who will do anything to find the perfect friend.
The Fog (1980)
- John Carpenter's ghost/slasher hybrid pits a small fishing town against a supernatural fog that hides something sinister and very deadly.
Hunter's Blood (1987)
- What should have been a hunting trip ends up for a fight for survival as a group of men find themselves targeted by a family of insane hillbillies.
Them/ Ils (2006)
- France's home invasion thriller features a couple fending for their lives as hooded goons have them hunted and cornered inside their own home.
Serial Mom (1992)
- Kathleen Turner takes the role of a surburban Housewife who moonlights as a serial killer with anger and norm issues, who in turn becomes a celebrity of the odd kind.
- Trapped in a London subway station, a woman finds herself in a nightmarish situation where a deformed killer stalks her in a hidden underground domain.
"Soon to Come: The Final Ten"ReplyDelete
Soon, my brother. Soon!Delete