WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS BODYCOUNT. HIGH RISK OF SPOILERS. ENTER IF YOU DARE.

Monday, April 8, 2019

So I just saw the new Pet Sematary...



Okay...now that I have that out of my system, where did all go wrong?

I'm never a big fan of the 1989 Pet Sematary movie but I can at least tell it works. Excellent atmosphere coupled with capable actors and nightmarish scenes, the movie is a deserving cult classic despite a few dated effects. This one? This remake? The HELL is this?! Jump scares and a rushed plot has no place in a creepy story about cursed lands and undead children! 

This isn't an effective slow burn cautionary tale about dabbling with the unknown and simply letting go, this is a bland, clichéd, cheap horror modern movie that lacks anymore substance than just to plain exist!

I...ugh....this is just underwhelming. I guess if you're looking for a B-movie, the new Pet Sematary is okay-ish? But I personally believe it could have been a whole LOT better if they took the story more seriously and find a more fitting tone and style.

I'm just... gonna sit down now. I think I'll re-watch Overlord (2018) to lighten up mah brain. That's a fun movie...

1 comment:

  1. Thank for the "heads-up" on this film...
    and a pleasant monday to you

    ReplyDelete