The Final Destination series always start off with premonitions so, for this countdown, I will be doing something a little different and look at the finest accidents Death has weaved in his little world but got foiled coz some strange otherworldly force gave a random guy a vision.
So, with further delay, here are Final Destination's top 8 accidents that never happened.
8. Escalator Rolling Pin- In The Final Destination 3D, our hero gets a second premonition involving an entire mall floor immolated by an exploding movie theater. While the bodycount was massive, it also has the messiest murder involving Nick's GF being crushed between two escalator gears and it gets a spot in my list for being one of the few death scenes not enhanced by the movie's 3D CGI (or if it was, not that evident.), as well as tapping into my little fear of malfunctioning escalators. Messed-up way to go, indeed!
7. Spinal Tap- And speaking of tapping, in FD3, Lewis Romero, a cocky jock, gets his just desserts by getting his head smashed open by falling weights. But, no matter how good that was, I will still really prefer his premonition death: flinging off from a roller coaster and smashing back first against the tracks. His expression is just priceless considering how much of a jerk he was!
5. Splinter Mouth- Another non-CGI assisted death and a little better than the Gear Crushing in number ten, this another TFD3D death had one poor fella tripping on his back and gets a nasty splinter (or stake) through the head. Simple, yet fulfilling.
3. Bridge Over-Kill- another instant fave from the fifth. Here, Peter, our soon-to-be-spoiler, meets an overkill that even Death would have been too proud of: after successfully clinging on a bridge's rail, a truck carrying spikes tips and slides one of its haul towards Peter, impaling him from all over. If that's not bad enough, he fall and lands on a pavement first, before sinking into the water. Ouch!
2. Biker Bash- Another FD2 premonition death, a little more personal to me since I got a
1. Tree Log Face Smash- And lastly, my most favorite premonition death, featuring another messy use for a giant log: as a logging truck's loose chain breaks off and releases thundering dead trees, one of them bounces up and smashes through an incoming police cruiser's wind shield. The death is left for the viewer's imagination, but we all the idea of how messy this death was. (I mean just look thick and large that log was! it's three times larger than anybody's block!)
Mystery Power Drill- In the opening of The Final Destination, there's this "mystery power drill" suddenly shown. There isn't any death in the series involving that tool, but judging by its look, it would have been a real messy one! Being a movie-less death, this little bugger gets a special spot in this list as the "only-death-not-to-exist-in-any-Final Destination Movie" death. Too bad they finally ended Final Destination, the big wigs could have done this...or have they?
|since when did Death had gone drill happy?|